Friday, March 15, 2013

Update 9: Destructible Terrain

As I worked through the shooting mechanics and really got ray casting to work properly, I suddenly found that I couldn't shoot my enemies. I was initially perplexed, but then quickly realized that everything was working perfectly: the shot was hitting the cover (wall) in front of the target. 

It was time to implement destructible terrain.  


Part 1: I aim an the enemy on the far right. He happens to be under cover, so my shot hits the wall in front of him.



Part 2: The wall currently only has a HP of 1, and my laser does 1 HP of damage, so the wall is destroyed. With the wall gone, the enemy is exposed and can be hit easily. In the current prototype, characters have 3 HP, so just 3 more hits from the laser and he will be dead!



No comments:

Post a Comment