Accomplishments this week:
AI: One of my next tasks was to apply the AI to both teams of the tactical game. While I wait for Unity 4.6's new UI to be released, using AI on both sides allows me to ignore the UI and refine the AI code. This also has the positive side-effect of preparing the AI to work better in multi-player games. This also includes selecting, targeting and dead (smoldering) tank animations. You can see these below.
Campaign: Moving next to the campaign, my goal was to create a very simple UI where:
- Time would pass
- Enemy encounters would be spawned
- The game would load the tactical level with the right players and enemies
- Auto resolve the battle with the AI
- Return back to the campaign, where the players would receive experience and abilities as they level up.
I had to fix a lot of bugs with the AI and camera to make this all work, including creating a new static game object, but it all works great.
What is next:
- Game Balance: The tactical game isn't currently very fair
- Refining the character sheet: I need to add some new properties to the characters that I am now using
- Adding in the Campaign Diorama
- Adding objects to the tactical game
- Leveling up the tanks: Character progression is very important to this game