Sunday, April 20, 2014

Update 31: Narrowing in on the game design: "Hovertank Wars"

Things are coming together nicely after an extended break from posting here.

I've had a positive look at the scope of my project and make a few changes to simplify what I'm trying to achieve. As a result, I've spent the last few months rewriting the design document and refactoring the code to create a new spin I am calling: "Hovertank Wars". Instead of soldiers, I will now have these hovertanks. Here is a screenshot of the test level I created to animate and test the new model:




I have a rotating tank, with pivoting turret and cannon. It fires explosive bullets:



I'm now refactoring the levels to use a new scale appropriate to these tanks as well as building a new campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment