Thursday, September 14, 2017

Update 50: Combat and 50!!

5 years and 50 posts later, here we are, still working through the combat mechanics. Amazingly, I'm still making regular progress. I think the keyword here is regular, there have definitely been some large gaps in progress.

However, the combat is proceeding along nicely. I've added projectiles and the destructive terrain back. I've added back the shoulder cam when you are aiming and choosing your target. The enemy and player are now dealing (and receiving) damage. I almost have a quasi game here. 

Here you can see the setup of the level, with the second (shoulder) camera ready



The view from the shoulder cam. The models really look low res here!

Boom!


 Before the shot...

"Missed", that is the end of that wall!


Here you can see the ray-cast passing through the enemy, it was a hit!


Next on the list is basic AI, it's time for the enemy to respond to your actions and try to defeat you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment