Thursday, October 30, 2014

Update 40: Dynamic Pathfinding

The last two weeks have been focused on getting a basic dynamic path finding algorithm to work. This includes getting the object to follow the seeker path, and allowing for dynamic environments.

The first screenshot shows where I've been up until today. The path finding is 'baked' into the screen and there is a path from the beginning (green gate) to end (red gate).



The second screenshot shows me what it looks like with some dynamic objects added to the scene and dynamic 'baking'. Here I can see that my green path adjusted to avoid the new dynamic obstacles and created a new path to the end gate.


The ultimate test of this is to move the end gate to the other end of the screen. 



This is all good news. Now that my prototype is working, I can integrate the path finding within my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment